SARS Auditor Excise Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Auditor Excise Jobs in Durban. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in KwaZulu – Natal. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Auditor Excise Jobs in Durban
SARS has released a Auditor Excise job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Auditor Excise vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Auditor Excise|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Durban|
|Salary ⇒||R 273,929.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||10 March 2022|
SARS Auditor Excise Job Description
To Conduct standard audits or verification on a risk profile basis related to Excise duty and levies to ensure compliance.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant [Auditing and Taxation] National Diploma or Advanced Certificate (NQF6) and 2-3 years’ experience in a similar [Tax Auditing] environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) with 6 years Tax Auditing experience
- Compile and submit compliance audit findings
- Conduct end-to-end query resolution relating to audits conducted, including finalisation of objections and appeals.
- Educate new registrants and licensees to promote compliance and providing a room to those willing to comply.
- Ensure revenue is protected and correctly accounted for by ensuring all Excise documents are validated and reconciled.
- Ensure that are traders/licences/registrant participating in eligible Excise duties and levies are registered/licenced.
- Facilitate client education with regards to legislation.
- Plan and conduct Audits with specific reference to confirm existence of client premises observe and understand production processes.
- Protect local industries that could be affected by the illicit market which will result in low revenue collection due to Fiscus.
- To ensure all activities to the production, storage & distribution is correctly declared thus ensuring that correct revenue due is collected.
- To plan and execute audits (desk & field) of Excisable products; Diesel refunds on risk basis to ensure compliance.
- To reduce level of non-compliance due to false exports, incorrect declaration of production & misuse of incentive schemes.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems, and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst other policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change, and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements because of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions/conclusions.
- Perform efficient audit and assessment of Excise clients returns for different Excise tax products i.e. diesel refunds
- Perform proper planning and execution of audit by following applicable standard operating procedures and audit framework
- During audit planning and execution, have sufficient knowledge to identify further risks and apply applicable standard audit procedures to mitigate those risks identified
- Use skills possessed to deal with taxpayers during audit interventions i.e. properly handle meetings with taxpayers thus gaining audit/business knowledge, effectively dealing with audit queries/evidence
- Conduct field/desk audit in line with the identified risks by properly examining audit evidence presented
- Draw conclusion on audit performed
- Deal with appeal process relating to audited cases
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Building Sustainability
- Organisational Awareness
- Influencing Others
- Driving for Excellence
- Results Orientation
- Tax Product – Excise Knowledge
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Operational Audit
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Inspection Skills
- Financial Accounting
- Audit Methodology
- Tariff BASIC
- Valuations BASIC
- Rules of Origin BASIC
- GOC Confidential