SARS Manager Information Technology Service Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Manager Information Technology Service Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Manager Information Technology Service Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Manager Information Technology Service job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. South African Revenue Service has displayed vacant seats for the post of Manager Information Technology Service vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the South African Revenue Service official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Manager Information Technology Service|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 583,204.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||31 Jan 2022|
SARS Manager Information Technology Service Job Description
The Manager will be accountable for the development of a high performing, diverse, agile, engaged and evolved workforce. Contribute to the optimum utilization of resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialization. S/he will be accountable for the technical team delivery, formulate tactical strategies and associated delivery plans within the Websphere Application Server environment. S/he must manage the relationship between Technology Services and Business to determine specific requirements and control the service delivery and support of required Websphere Application services. The role falls within the Design and Enablement Cluster.
Education and experience
B.Information Technology AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience
- Manage Websphere Application Server (WAS) support for application development and application support teams.
- Ensure integrity, availability and performance on all Websphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
- Provide technical support, maintenance and make recommendations for operational efficiency
- Responsible for capacity planning, space management and maintenance activities for the Websphere Application Server (WAS) environment
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a practice in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks within the WAS domain.
- Implement tactical strategy and delivery plans through the development of operational activities, ensuring the achievement of operational targets, focussing on the Websphere Application Server domain.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions, with specific focus on Websphere Application Server.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation for WebSphere Application Server and related projects.
- Recommend Websphere Application Server changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders.
- Conduct assessments and use information to advise, make recommendations and facilitate improvement.
- Influence the design and drive the implementation of Websohere Application Server topologies ensuring effective delivery of a comprehensive range of services.
- Review important processes within the organisation and ensure that such processes are adequate, functional and conform to organisational standards.
- Maintain and ensure that Websphere Application Server operations and maintenance plan exist that include scheduled maintenance, policies and procedures.
- Implement governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources.
- Translate performance expectations into specific metrics and goals to identify and provide effective services, solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised area.
- Accountable for the welfare and management of team member’s deliverables.
- Encourage and enable teamwork, by enabling collaboration with others and commitment to pursuing set goals.
- Develop and maintain a team that is capable for operating to their full capability and provide appropriate skills, knowledge and experience
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Draw up a budget aligned to tactical delivery plans, monitor planned vs. actual, minimise expenditure and report on cost efficiency.
- Build strong relationships and implement service level agreements that promote SARS with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional client service.
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.