SARS Officer C&E Investigations x3 Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Officer C&E Investigations x3 Jobs in Johannesburg. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Officer C&E Investigations x3 Jobs in Johannesburg
SARS has released a Officer C&E Investigations x3 job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Officer C&E Investigations x3 vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Officer C&E Investigations x3|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Salary ⇒||R 2,84,131.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||18 March 2022|
SARS Officer C&E Investigations x3 Job Description
To conduct Customs investigations into customs and excise non-compliance on low to medium complex cases, independently and offer expertise, advice and support to the unit and relevant stakeholders
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 2-3 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level.
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years related experience
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years related experience
Minimum Functional Requirements:
- CFE or similar qualification
- Driving skills
- Physical Fitness
- BCC – Basic Customs Course
- Core Customs Competency Course (Value, Tariff, Rules of Origin).
- Independently carrying out investigations on a low to med complex case-by-case basis after infringements / violations of law have been found during the control and inspection stages.
- Investigate reported wilful acts of non-compliance to SARS legislation.
- Identification of high-risk movement of goods and/or high risk economic operators and potential threats by identifying, analysing, evaluating and interpreting trends, data, information and systems information relating to Customs & Excise transgressions, as well as the behaviours of clients.
- Gathering of all the information, documentation and related evidence regarding the case in order to ensure completeness, while ensuring the chain of evidence is accurately maintained to ensure admissibility.
- Impart expertise, advice and knowledge to Customs Inspectors and relevant stakeholders, through regular deliberate information-sharing, as well as identifying and addressing capability needs on an ongoing basis, both internal and external.
- Determine offences and recommend appropriate punitive actions according to the relevant legislation, by analysing, evaluating and interpreting all information against legislation, policies and procedures and also deal with correspondence in the case finalising process, enquiries and issuing documents pertaining customs non-compliance.
- Plan, co-ordinate and execute physical activities in support of investigations, which will include but is not limited to detention of goods, handling of electronics, handling of documentation, obtaining of a search warrant, etc.
- Ensure the highest level of adherence to governance requirements in the handling of information from stakeholders such as other government agencies and foreign entities.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Comply with and adhere to identified governance and compliance standards and escalate problems for investigation and resolution.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Drive own performance and development in order to achieve and improve on work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service
- Drive for Results
- Honesty and Integrity
- Fairness and transparency
- Analytical thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Organisational Awareness
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Building Sustainability
- Problem Solving
- Enforcement Knowledge (Customs)
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Rules of Origin
- Document Control
- Border Control and Management
- Compliance Inspection
- Criminal Investigations
- Search and Seizure
- Prohibitions and Restrictions
- GOC – Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.