SARS Officer C&E Physical Inspections Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Officer C&E Physical Inspections Jobs in Kosi Bay. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in KwaZulu-Natal. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Officer C&E Physical Inspections Jobs in Kosi Bay
SARS has released a Officer C&E Physical Inspections job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Officer C&E Physical Inspections vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Officer C&E Physical Inspections|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Kosi Bay|
|Salary ⇒||R 4,02,747.00.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||08 April 2022|
SARS Officer C&E Physical Inspections Job Description
In an ever-changing environment, we have build a responsive and agile organisation to give effect to our strategic intent of achieving voluntary compliance, Customs becomes the frontline division to control over the movement of goods across the borders and ensure that goods are accountable for and compliant with the policies and laws of the State. We are proudly with confidence inviting you to be part of the special team to collect revenue, protect the economy and people of South Africa. We believe that your skills , commitment and dedication will add value and make difference to the organisation and country . Integrity becomes key to the organisation!
To conduct a well-planned, comprehensive and intelligent physical inspection, analysis, evaluation and interpretation according to directives, legislation, physical evidence and other relevant information or lack thereof, collect, request, question and refer relevant evidence and accurately report on the findings with potential recommendation to enable and/or execute informed legitimate decision, in order to facilitate legitimate trade and protect and safeguard goods, economy/society
Education and Experience
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 3-4 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 6 years related experience
- Accurately and effectively collate, organise, disseminate, capture and process all relevant and required information, documentation and monetary collection according to set requirements and legislation
- Accurately apply and operate technological x-ray equipment in order to conduct analysis and evaluation of images and samples to detect any risk anomalies or non-compliance.
- Accurately, concisely and timeously capture all findings, observation, reference and recommendation into a quality comprehensive report that can be utilised as substantive evidence and will enable accurate and correct final decision-making.
- Analyse, evaluate and interrogate all risk related factors in order to identify and determine the most appropriate intervention(release, rummage, seal, detain, seize, interview, sample, person search), i o t accurately mitigate the risk.
- Analyse, search, interrogate, inspect, verify and evaluate all available information and goods (or lack thereof) request more, where applicable against written and or verbal declaration and/or available documentation.
- Conduct research in order to have adequate technical background relating to the inspection or examination pertaining to the case.
- Continuously assess, review and evaluate the potential trade and economic environmental, fiscal and reputational impact thereof in terms of WCO standards.
- Develop, implement and maintain a CRM policy, procedures and standards development, implementation and monitoring.
- Ensure utmost attention to detail with regards to sample collection, handling, management, sharing transportation, recording, reporting and hand overs so as it can be utilised as substantiating evidence and it will enable.
- Execution of all duties and interrogation according to paramilitary discipline and the maintenance of physical fitness.
- Gather, secure and collate the relevant information and exhibits in the chain of evidence to contribute to, present and represent evidence in the court of law or other legal structure that will result in successful prosecution.
- Interrogate, interview, question, request, inspect and search for information and evidence in order to ascertain the level of compliance or non-compliance.
- Participate in all visibility exercise, activities and interventions such as gate checks, rummages, patrols, road blocks, static checks etc. as well as the execution of related arrival and exit activities /duties.
- Professional interactions with all internal and external stakeholders according to protocol and legislation.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Tariff BASIC
- Valuations BASIC
- Rules of Origin BASIC
- Search and Seizure (Compliance Comp)
- GOC Confidential
- Documentary Control EU
- Physical Control EU
- Surveillance EU
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Honesty and Integrity
- People Skills
- Conceptual Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Organisational Awareness
- Building Sustainability
- Border Control and Management
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Customs Legislation (CUSTOMS EU FRAMEWORK)
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Customs Knowledge
- Risk Identification
- Compliance Inspection
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.