SARS Officer C&E Trader Licensing Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Officer C&E Trader Licensing Jobs in Alberton. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Officer C&E Trader Licensing Jobs in Alberton
SARS has released a Officer C&E Trader Licensing job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. South African Revenue Service has displayed vacant seats for the post of Officer C&E Trader Licensing vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the South African Revenue Service official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Officer C&E Trader Licensing|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Alberton|
|Salary ⇒||R 17,595.00 Monthly|
|Last Date ⇒||27 Jan 2022|
SARS Officer C&E Trader Licensing Job Description
To verify, evaluate, interpret, validate, integrate and interrogate all C&E Trader and Bond registration and licensing information or lack thereof, in order to facilitate, coordinate, process and/or implement C&E Trader and Bond registrations & licensing applications in accordance with all legislative requirements.
Education and Experience
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 2-3 years’ experience in Trader and Bond registration and licensing or in Custom environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years related experience in Trader and Bond registration and licensing or in Custom environment
- Verify, evaluate, interpret, validate, integrate and interrogate all C&E Trader and Bond registration and licensing information
- Accurately communicate and direct outcomes to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyse, and integrate all available and applicable relevant information and documentation and legislation to arrive at an informed decision.
- Analyse, interpret and integrate C&E registration and licensing information to ascertain level of compliance.
- Contribute to stakeholder engagements as and when required.
- Draft / issue instructions and/or requests to relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate, analyse, interpret and incorporate all account related financial information, reports and feedback from others, to assess validity of applications.
- Produce and capture accurate, comprehensive and complete C&E registration and licensing documentation.
- Refer to and request, obtain and/or research additional information from relevant stakeholders.
- Resolve, respond, follow-up on queries and escalate where necessary.
- Respond to decision by calculating, approving, declining or referring application.
- Review and consider all risk and reputational implications and consequences regarding the request.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectation
- Security Clearance: GOC Confidential
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Fairness and Transparency
- Conceptual Ability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organisational Awareness
- Customs Knowledge
- Risk Analysis (Customs EU Framework)
- Trade Facilitation (EU Framework)
- Customs Procedure (EU Framework)
- Border Control and Management
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Functional Policies and Procedures