SARS Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation Jobs in Cape Town. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Western Cape. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation Jobs in Cape Town
SARS has released a Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Cape Town|
|Salary ⇒||R 241,452.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||01 March 2022|
SARS Ops Specialist Criminal Investigation Job Description
The objectives of this role is to, inter alia systematically gather evidence, discovering of facts or to ascertain the existence of such facts regarding the commissioning of an offence from various sources using legal investigative practises, techniques and investigative resources while observing all evidential and constitutional requirements to support internal and external stakeholders with timely and effective investigative outcomes. The successful applicant will be required to testify and assist in the preparation of cases, evidence and documents for trial. Duties will include, iner-alia:
- Gather, evaluate, collate and analyse information received from various sources and assemble court ready documents to support the allegations against the suspects.
- Conduct a financial analysis by comparing Tax returns submitted with Financial Statements with Bank account activity to prove allegations.
- Conduct interviews with witnesses, suspects and legal representatives
- Compile evidence and affidavits that can be used in an application of a search warrant
- Prepare, organise and conduct a search and seizure.
- Utilise SARS’ systems to obtain evidence and investigate cases.
- Report writing – prepare reports when necessary for internal use, for the prosecutor and for the court.
- A knowledge of tax
- Represent SARS and testify in court
Education and Experience:
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) [Accounting/Tax/ Law) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a similar environment (Investigations/Auditing/ Forensic Investigation), of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist leve
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years related experience [Investigations/Auditing/ Forensic Investigation]
- Provide assistance to other law enforcement agencies as and when required, within the mandate of the Acts administered by SARS
- Prepare accurate links and or association diagrams to explain the relationships between individuals, activities, premises etc. to investigators
- Evaluate, collate and analyse information received from various sources to support internal stakeholders with timely and accurate intelligence
- Liaise with Law Enforcement agencies in relation to specific investigations and with third parties regarding information/evidence
- Plan and implement action necessary to conduct full scope investigations without supervision
- Work independently on all cases and supervise others
- Hand over a completed case docket with evidence to the SAPS to enable registration and processing of the case.
- Appears as a specialist witness in court and attend to court proceedings as and when required
- Determine offences and recommend appropriate punitive actions according to the relevant legislation.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs
- Liaise with informers and possible witnesses in order to gather information in connection with tax evasion.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Security Clearance: GOC Confidential
- Adjective Law 4
- Substantive law 1
- Collection and preservation of evidence and the chain of custody (Investigations)
- Interviewing and interrogation (Investigations)
- Testify in formal and criminal proceedings
- Investigative reporting
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Attention to Detail
- Honesty and Integrity
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Organisational Awareness
- Building Sustainability
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Criminal Investigation
- Search and Seizure
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Investigative Skills