SARS Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL) Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL) Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL) Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL) job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. South African Revenue Service has displayed vacant seats for the post of Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL) vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the South African Revenue Service official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL)|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 620,740.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||31 Jan 2022|
SARS Senior Database Administrator (MSSQL) Job Description
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Microsoft SQL Server database administrator who will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of the Microsoft SQL Server environment for high-profile systems at SARS. The individual will join a team of experienced Microsoft SQL Server database administrators to ensure the availability of the database systems, data, optimal performance & security of all Microsoft SQL Server database systems and provide support to internal as well as external clients.
To provide expertise, advice and support to develop operational implementation plans and / or associated service delivery processes, by consulting to business on technology solutions in the client server and data services domain whilst ensuring 24/7 availability within all SARS BU platforms, in order to continuously enhance service delivery.
Education and Experience
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 3-4 years’ experience in a database environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification / Certification AND 3-4 years’ experience in a database environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 6 years experience in a database environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Test database, development and other related technical issues across relevant systems and technologies.
- Take accountability for delivery of contracted work outputs within agreed parameters, quality standards and client service targets.
- Be observant and engage on possible violations of regulations, policies, SOPs and standards of conduct and escalate where necessary.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Provide specialist support and advice where required in area of expertise.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders that promote cross functional process delivery solutions.
- Security Clearance: GOC Confidential
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Conceptual Ability
- Fairness and Transparency
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organisational Awareness
- Relationship Management and Networking
- Business Knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Database Design and Management
- Efficiency improvement
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- IT Development
- Quality Orientation