SARS Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs) Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs) Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs) Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs) job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs) vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs)|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 501,036.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||18 March 2022|
SARS Senior Specialist Economist (International Trade- Customs) Job Description
The purpose of this job is to provide specialist advice on international trade strategies in order to align with organisational strategic objectives
Education and Experience
Relevant Honours Degree in Economics / Advanced Diploma in Economics (NQF Level 8) specializing in International Economics and/or Trade, Development Economics, Public Policy, International Relations, Public Administration etc. with 10-12 years’ experience in a similar “Economics” environment (or Trade and Industry Statistics), of which 3-4 years ideally specialist level
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in Economics and/or Statistics (NQF 7) and 12-15 years’ in a Customs and/or Trade and Industry Statistics environment, of which 3-4 years ideally specialist level
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
- Relevant Honours Degree in Economics / Advanced Diploma in Economics (NQF Level 8) specializing in International Economics and/or Trade, Development Economics, Public Policy, International Relations, Public Administration etc. with 10-12 years’ experience in a similar “Economics” environment (or Trade and Industry Statistics), of which 3-4 years ideally specialist level.. OR Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma in Economics and/or Statistics (NQF 7) and 12-15 years’ in a Customs and/or Trade and Industry Statistics environment, of which 3-4 years ideally specialist level.
- 3 years or more in your current role?
- 3-5 years working knowledge of Customs Administration?
- Knowledge of Statistics?
- Knowledge and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (e.g. SAS/ SQL/ R/ Python/ Eviews/ Stata, etc.)
- Microsoft skills (Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Are you able to work in an extremely pressured environment, which may call for you to work after hours?
- Discretion and respect for confidential information?
- Identify, analyse, monitor key international trade developments, macro-economic, micro-economic and SARS operations factors, and evaluate their impact on international merchandise trade compilation practices, processes and standards; SARS’ revenue and compliance outcomes.
- Analyse trade developments and trade patterns and update research methodology to ensure that SARS keeps abreast of regional economic developments.
- Conduct trade analysis on market access and revenue potential on South Africa’s regional economic agreements
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of best operating practices for Customs International Trade.
- Define and balance the best way to achieve business tactical intention through process, people and task determination for customs international trade.
- Formulate the tactical strategy and associated delivery plans to manage the end-to-end process for customs international trade.
- Develop & drive practice to manage post-clearance audit i.e. verify contents of shipments after clearance from branches.
- Build and maintain relationships, effectively communicate, and collaborate with international trade stakeholders.
- Participate in consultative process with regional and international multilateral institutions to obtain feedback on knowledge gaps and determine future needs and trends.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, practice areas and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation.
- Translate top down policy, apply modification in relation to own practice area and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Optimise goal achievement through tactical strategy development and optimisation of practises, processes & systems across an internal value chain.
- Plan for value-added, continuous multiple practice and system improvement optimisation to deliver on objectives and to enhance tactical excellence.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives, developing best practice solutions.
- Analyse and make recommendations about improvements to specialist systems, procedures, policies, and practices.
- Contribute to the optimum utilisation of organisation resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialisation resource plans.
- Develop multiple practices in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks, supporting tactical development and excellence.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Influence and communicate across business areas impacted by practice area to minimise resistance and ensure on-boarding of new thinking.
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse & produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies & inconsistencies for decision making purposes.
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies for own practice area to identify and manage risk exposure liability.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of specialisation
- Develop & ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence & encourage others to provide exceptional stakeholder service.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- External Awareness
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organisational awareness
- Conceptual Ability
- Problem solving and Analysis
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Compliance Inspection
- Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
- Economic Research and Analysis
- Trade Negotiations
- Policy Analysis
- Business Knowledge
- Reporting & Report Writing Skills
- Efficiency improvement
- Presentations Skills
- Customs Knowledge
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Strategy Formulation Skills
- Development of Position Papers
- Business Knowledge
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Efficiency improvement
- GOC Secret