SARS Senior Specialist Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Senior Specialist Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Senior Specialist Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Senior Specialist job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. South African Revenue Service has displayed vacant seats for the post of Senior Specialist vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the South African Revenue Service official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Senior Specialist|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 575,574.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||28 Jan 2022|
SARS Senior Specialist Job Description
The Specialist will be accountable for the optimal performance, integrity and availability of all applications and services running on the Websphere Server Application technology. S/he will have to provide expertise, advice, support and associated best practice improvements to various Stakeholders in SARS. S/he will work closely and engage with multiple teams in order to deliver on the SARS mandate, which include operational targets, high profile projects and architectural position of future technologies in the application server environment. The role falls within the Design and Enablement Cluster.
Education and experience
B.Tech: Computer Systems AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at operational specialist level
Relevant IT Qualification / Certification, as specified in Min Functional requirements, where applicable and 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience
- Perform Websphere Application Server (WAS) support for application development and application support teams.
- Ensure integrity, availability and performance on all Websphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
- Provide technical support, maintenance and make recommendations for operational efficiency
- Analyse and make recommendations about improvements to specialist systems, procedures and associated area’s practice in the WAS domain.
- Contribute to the optimum utilisation of org. resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialisation resource plans.
- Develop a single practice area in alignment with operational activity and procedural frameworks and ensure tactical WAS implementation.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse & produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies & inconsistencies for decision making purposes.
- Optimise goal achievement through tactical strategy implementation and optimisation of practises, processes & systems across an internal value chain.
- Plan for value-added, continuous practice & system improvements to deliver on objectives to enhance tactical Websphere Application Server implementation and excellence.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; best practice implementation solutions around middleware.
- Translate top down policy in relation to own practice area and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, practice area and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation within the middleware domain.
- Ensure proper project planning and execution as well as overall change control for Websphere Application Server and associated applications.
- Provide support to projects by applying the required specialised skills in terms of infrastructure, architecture, data, design, services, processes, monitoring and patterns.
- Troubleshoot and methodically identify research and resolve complex issues in the IT environment.
- Introduce best practises and influence the divisions to change and adopt accordingly.
- Contribute to IT business planning with regards to interface applications.
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies for own practice area to identify and manage risk exposure liability.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of specialisation.
- Develop & ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence & encourage others to provide exceptional stakeholder service.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.