SARS Specialist Developer Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Specialist Developer Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Specialist Developer Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Specialist Developer job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. South African Revenue Service has displayed vacant seats for the post of Specialist Developer vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the South African Revenue Service official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Specialist Developer|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 304,119.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||30 Jan 2022|
SARS Specialist Developer Job Description
SARS is looking for highly skilled, experienced, results driven specialist Java developer to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. S/he will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing new applications as well as maintaining existing applications. He/she should have significant work experience developing Java enterprise applications (Java Enterprise Edition). He/she should have good knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle. In addition, he/she should be able to mentor junior developers within the team.
To provide expertise, advice and support to deliver on operational implementation plans and / or associated service delivery processes, ensuring effective and efficient development, enhancements, implementation, maintenance and optimisation of application modules/subsystems, in order to continuously enhance service delivery.
Education and experience
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a Software development environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) and Relevant Certification – such as or any other Technology supported by the SARS Enterprise Architecture Framework and 5-7 years’ experience in a Software development environment
1. Oracle Certified Professional Java EE 7 Application Developer
2. Oracle Certified Professional Java SE Developer (Any Version).
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years Software development experience
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Keep up to date on trends and developments within Project Management, Software Development Life Cycle, supporting methodology, and the industry of the organisation.
- Apply software changes in a manner that contributes to efficient and effective service delivery and optimized quality.
- Implement initiatives relating to projects that will lead to improved processes within business.
- Utilize specialised technical specifications that will enhance operational delivery within predefined standards.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and SARS role players to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Mentor peers and juniors employees
- Expected to be able to influence through communication plus ability to make complex decisions
- Responsible for raising and communicate issues, highlight project risks and escalate the issues for resolution where required
- Responsible for issue identification during testing and Production as well as making fixes required.
- Provide clear and timely account of issues as well as mitigating factors
- Review specification and artefacts that enable development.
- Design and implement Java applications.
- Participate in architectural and software development activities.
- Conduct software analysis, testing, programming, and debugging.
- Recognize the production and non-production application issues.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.