SARS Specialist Electrical Engineering Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Specialist Electrical Engineering Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Specialist Electrical Engineering Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Specialist Electrical Engineering job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Specialist Electrical Engineering vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Specialist Electrical Engineering|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 815,778.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||20 July 2022|
SARS Specialist Electrical Engineering Job Description
About the Position
SARS is looking for a highly motivated, passionate person to manage the entire asset life cycle of all electrical and mechanical installation on SARS buildings, with the aim to drive energy efficiency and sustainability, ensure reliable electricity supply and improve customer experience and service delivery. Applications are sought from persons who want to make a difference to the SARS staff and visitor’s experience, who want to share technical, and management experience and knowledge with a forward thinking facilities management and engineering team, in a supportive and thriving environment and be integral to the management of the SARS facilities.
To provide Electrical design and maintenance services for SARS buildings. Taking full responsibility of all electrical engineering and designs required by SARS for elements such as building projects, all related building maintenance electrical engineering, infrastructure commissioning, planned maintenance, optimised energy efficiency and innovations in order to enable tactical translation and operational implementation.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/ Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) and 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment (Electrical Engineering)
- ECSA registered with 3-5 years’ experience in Engineering Practice as Consulting Electrical Engineer
Engineering design and project support
- Execute work as a Professional Electrical Principal Consulting Engineer as defined by the Engineering Professions Act, 46 of 2000, to design, install and commission electrical infrastructure in support to project managers.
- Coordinate and direct projects, analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and deliver complex projects, on time and within budget, with no error, in area of responsibility.
- Plan, manage, and oversee the daily operations and activities of the engineering teams to continuously improve organisational productivity and customer service.
Maintenance and asset reliability
- Take overall technical responsibility for the electrical services infrastructure within and outside buildings.
- Provide specialist electrical advice in relation to facilities and authorises and controls all new electrical infrastructure installations
- Design, install, commission and monitor all assets in order to maximise production, extend life of equipment & to reduce maintenance costs. Improve asset reliability and life expectancy through creative and cost-effective design, installation, commissioning and monitoring practices.
- Ensure the power supplies to SARS campuses are resilient, reliable and have capacity by continually upgrading and maintaining the electricity network and sub-stations.
- Provide systematic technical support on root cause analysis and problem solving on major/repetitive failures on operations
- Contribute to Asset Care initiatives – Criticality Analysis, PM Reviews etc.
Energy efficiency and carbon management
- Responsible for advice, leadership and management in all aspects of energy management, carbon and utilities across the SARS property portfolio of over 130 buildings.
- Responsible for improving the SARS energy efficiency and carbon reduction and manages the Carbon Management Strategy and Implementation plan, including the Sustainable Travel Plan. Implement energy management and saving initiatives such as PV plants.
- Provide assistance in designing and implementing Green Building strategies, develop green building standards and alternate technologies in conjunction with Architects and mechanical engineers
Health, safety, and general compliance
- Take full legal and professional accountability for all electrical infrastructures in a building project
- Provide advice and guidance on the safe operation and maintenance of electrical services to the SARS buildings
- Undertake development of systems to fulfil changing legislative requirements
Standards and Processes
- Provide subject matter expertise level of support in area of responsibility. Pro-actively develop and standardise procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering services and projects.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, practice area and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation.
- Ensure adherence to asset management standards.
Ensuring that the electrical engineering function, complies with all statutory requirements.
Create a positive work climate & culture to energise teams, peers and internal customers by minimising work disruption and maximising productivity. Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job. Provide specialist expertise, support, advice, mentorship and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
Determine cost reduction strategies for projects. Implement and monitor financial control, management costs and corporate governance in area of specialisation.
Develop and ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence & encourage others to provide exceptional stakeholder service. Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
Employment Equity requirements will be an added advantage and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.