SARS Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 504,554.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||03 March 2022|
SARS Specialist Legal – Advance Tax Rulings Job Description
To provide expertise, advice and associated best practice when analysing, researching,evaluating and writing standard, involved, complex and extra-ordinary rulings regarding the tax treatment of proposed transactions and perform specialised projects identified in the Division.
Education and experience
- B.Law (LLB) AND 8-10 years’ experience in Tax Technical/Legal or Consulting environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at Management level
- Certificate:Tax Law AND 15 years related experience in a Tax Technical/Legal or Consulting environment
- Write and review memorandums relating to advance tax ruling applications regarding the tax treatment of proposed business transactions after an in-depth and comprehensive evaluation of the implications of a ruling on the macro and micro economy, the cross-border environment, tax administration in general and tax policy.
- Administer, interpret legislation and provide specialist advice in area of speciality
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; best practice implementation solutions.
- Ensure rulings are issued and published within the allowed timeframes.
- Liaise with internal and external clients and report back on a regular basis to the Senior Manager of Advance Tax Rulings.
- Advise or otherwise provide guidance to SARS senior management and/or National Treasury where required on advance tax rulings and related matters, including deficiencies in current legislation impacting on the tax base.
- Ensure the maintenance and preservation of confidentiality and secrecy in respect of the rulings process and outcome.
- Properly record and account for hours spent on each ruling in accordance with the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Ensure continuity in processes by comparative analysis with best practices world-wide.
- Liaise with competent authorities of other countries in respect of international or cross-border transactions.
- Manage the ruling process and adherence to Advance Tax Rulings policies and procedures including ensuring rulings are technically correct; quality assure all rulings on which an input is required, counter sign rulings; and manage the quotes and time spent on rulings to ensure efficient and expectations delivery on requests for rulings within determined timeframes and budget allocation.
- Assist with the improvement of the division’s processes and internal governance by identifying areas of improvement, making recommendations and participate in formal discussions on all identified areas in the division.
- Provide guidance, advice and assistance to team members involved in the rulings process, and identify training and development needs of team members to ensure the efficient utilisation of resources.
- Assist in the development of other personnel in the division by contributing to technical discussions, presenting training and assist with on-the-job transfer of knowledge.
- Perform specialised projects identified in the division and undertake technical reviews of interpretative documents and rulings
- Develop and/or align governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Develop & ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence & encourage others to provide exceptional stakeholder service.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Accurate Understanding
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Building Sustainability
- Commitment to Continuos Learning
- Conceptual Ability
- Developing Others
- Drive for results
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organisational Awareness
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Team Work
- Business Knowledge
- Coachig and Mentoring
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Decision Makling and Problem Solving
- Efficiency Improvement
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Legal Advisory and Interpretation
- Legal Compliance
- Legal Knowledge and Knowledge of Ethics
- Legal Records and Related Systems
- Legal Writting Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Tax Knowledge
- Written Communication
- GOC Confidential