SARS Systems Engineer (TSM) Job Vacancies 2022 notification out. Apply for SARS Systems Engineer (TSM) Jobs in Pretoria. Check Latest SARS Government Jobs in Gauteng. How to Apply for SARS Vacancies at Official SARS Careers Portal. Find out here Upcoming South African Jobs Careers24 News at www.sars.gov.za.
SARS Vacancies 2022 Apply for Systems Engineer (TSM) Jobs in Pretoria
SARS has released a Systems Engineer (TSM) job notification at www.sars.gov.za Careers website. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome has displayed vacant seats for the post of Systems Engineer (TSM) vacancies. Candidates satisfying the desired eligibility conditions as mentioned in the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome official notification can submit their application in the prescribed format on before last date with the help of details given below-
NOTE:- Candidates are suggested to read the original SARS job notification before applying for desired post.
|Name of Available Job Post ⇒||Systems Engineer (TSM)|
|Name of Vacancies ⇒||SARS Vacancies 2022|
|Job Location ⇒||Jobs in Pretoria|
|Salary ⇒||R 299,186.00 Yearly|
|Last Date ⇒||11 March 2022|
SARS Systems Engineer (TSM) Job Description
To provide the technical skills to support the optimal management and operation of all hardware / firmware / operating system / application server software updates and fixes in the various SARS production and non-production environments, whilst maintaining hardware/ operating system / application server software, meeting service levels agreements through a Service Management System.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) AND 2-3 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND Relevant IT Qualification (s) / Certification (s) – see below – , AND 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar environment AND additional requirements specified in Min Functional requirements, where applicable.
• Windows: Active Directory Testing, or IIS Support, or In house developed and 3rd Party Application Support, or VMware, or Regional Technical Support of Infrastructure server rooms, or Microsoft products (Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SCOM, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft LYNC or any other Microsoft Certification) ; or Wintel Intel Server: (A+, MCSA, MCSE and related Server Operating System and Hardware certification related to server support), or VMWare Certification OR
• AiX: IBM AiX Certified Engineer, PowerHA, IBM Systems Director or relevant certification OR
• Mainframe: IBM zOS/systems Certified Engineer or any other relevant certification OR
• LINUX: SuSE Certified Professional or Linux Professional Certified Level 2 or Redhat Certified Technician OR
• Storage: Storage Management and backup/Restore Certification or any other relevant certification OR
• WAS: IBM WebSphere Application Server Certified System Administrator or any other relevant certification
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years’ related experience
# The alternative qualifications and experience refers to internal minimum requirements
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- To performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption in all environments.
- To configuring, debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms and software in all environments.
- To deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems on all environments.
- Assist in ensuring a stable performance environment for the business processing system.
- Maintain the hardware and software at the Regional Data Centres, respond to alerts, monitor dashboards and periodic system review.
- Maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components
- To conduct hardware / firmware / operating system / application server software updates and fixes.
- To manage, coordinate, configure programming and install single system hardware and software architectures and related services with the enterprise.
- To apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks
- To ensures a stable performance environment for the business processing system.
- To accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- To participate in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the system infrastructure, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- To be responsible for the maintenance, support and upgrades of in-house developed applications and 3rd Party Applications.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, software and system management tools.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation
- To deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and support of technical infrastructure, hardware and system software components mostly in Non-Prod environments but also in production environments.
- Performing high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption.
- Configuring, debugging and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms and software.
- Performing installation, maintenance and support of system software/hardware and user support.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to specified policies, standards, legislation and procedures to prevent wastage on resources, unauthorised expenditure and wasteful expenditure and report violations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by engaging and delivering a service that is consistent, seamless, and quick and error free.
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- Customer Service
- Fairness and Transparency
- Conceptual Ability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Computer Literacy
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- IT Knowledge
- Customer Relationship Management
- System Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- IT Project Management
- Knowledge of IT Governance and Business
- Verbal Communication
- Engineering Planning and Design (IT)
- GOC Confidential